A PARENT'S GUIDE TO RESOURCES AND IDEAS I AM EITHER USING OR WANT TO USE IN MY CLASSROOM.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Wii Remote Whiteboard

Luckily there are people out there designing wonderful ways for those of us without the monetary wherewithal to attain a similar product. One such person is Johnny Chung Lee. What he has done is written a software program that allows your computer to work in conjunction with a Wii remote, homemade infrared penlight, and an LCD monitor or projector. The whole setup costs around $50 and is very easy to setup. As I have mentioned earlier my students have difficulty engaging with the material we are working on, either because of a legitimate disability or conditioned behavior. Oftentimes when I present information via a PowerPoint presentation or through a short video the students have an easier time identifying the pertinent information that will be most useful to them later on. I am really looking forward to getting this going in my classroom and exploring all the possibilities this will offer me in providing instruction to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment