A PARENT'S GUIDE TO RESOURCES AND IDEAS I AM EITHER USING OR WANT TO USE IN MY CLASSROOM.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Classroom Blog

I have a class of 6 students, grades 9-12, with various learning disabilities from autism to emotional disturbance. One of the struggles I often have is getting the students to internalize control and motivation when it comes to their work. One idea that I have stumbled across is to actually have the students post their finished product to a blog, such as this blog by Ms. Kreul at Richards Elementary School in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin. Although the focus of her class blog is broad in the scope of subjects and information I really am encouraged by its use of student supplied content and intend to setup a class blog specifically for our English writing assignments. I anticipate having my student’s post their final writing assignments so they can “show off” their work while learning about formatting and using online documentation. I think this will provide a certain amount of “buy in” for my students.
Because I am using this blog for resources, I will probably use another blog for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment