A PARENT'S GUIDE TO RESOURCES AND IDEAS I AM EITHER USING OR WANT TO USE IN MY CLASSROOM.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Interactive Whiteboards

I work at a Non-Public school and although all of our students are placed directly through the districts they live in we do not receive any educational funding. Therefore we have a very limited budget that does not allow us to have wonderful tools such as Interactive Whiteboards, as seen on this informational site by the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind. My students are fairly tech savvy and definitely active members of the cult of TV. Although I don’t currently have an interactive whiteboard whenever I roll out our 42-inch LCD monitor they certainly prepare themselves to pay attention, much more so than if I were to lecture or we read together from the text. My goal is to have a way to interact with my computer from the front of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment